You have decided to rent a dumpster, but you have no idea what the right dumpster size is for your project. Dumpsters come in various sizes, and it may be overwhelming for you to try and find one that is just right for your project. You know you need a dumpster that is large enough for all your debris, but also don’t want one that is too big and you will not use all the space in. Finding the right dumpster size for your project is just as important as deciding to rent a dumpster itself.
Plan for your Dumpster so you Find the Right Dumpster Size
Choosing a dumpster that is the right size for your project is key to keep your project on track and within budget. To ensure you find the right dumpster size you should plan for the dumpster and the project. Take into consideration the below items.
- Type and Amount of Waste: Know what you are going to get rid of. Are they big and bulky and will take up more space than smaller compact items? Have a general idea of how much debris you will have so you know how much room you will need inside the dumpster.
- Set a Delivery Location: Having a dumpster be delivered right to your project site is convenient and a good solution for any project that will have a lot of debris. Before the dumpster is delivered, be prepared by knowing where you are going to have the dumpster placed. You should measure to make sure you have enough space for the dumpster and for you to haul things around it. Keep in mind, some residential areas may have rules and regulations for dumpsters, so do your research in advance to avoid violations and fines.
- Know What the Sizes Mean: Dumpster sizes are measured in cubic yards, which is a measurement of their volume. There are 27 feet in one cubic yard (3′ x 3′ x 3′). For example, a 10-yard dumpster can hold 10 cubic yards of material. That’s equivalent to 270 (10 x 27) cubic feet. Know how much waste you intend to get rid of, so you can select the right sized dumpster for your project.
Common Dumpster Rental Sizes
Most dumpster rental companies offer a variety of dumpster sizes. To help you find the right dumpster size, you should talk to the dumpster rental company, prior to renting a dumpster. They are experts and should be able to help you find the right dumpster size.
- 7 Yard Dumpster
- Dimensions: 12′ long x 8′ wide x 2.5′ tall
- Holds 2-3 pickup truck loads of debris
- Great for concrete, dirt, or roofing debris removal for your home or on a job site
- 10 Yard Dumpster
- Dimensions: 12′ long x 8′ wide x 4′ tall
- Holds 3-4 pickup truck loads of debris
- Good for around the house clean-up including a 1-car garage or small basement clean out, yard debris/spring cleaning
- 13 Yard Dumpster
- Dimensions: 12′ long x 8′ wide x 5′ tall
- Holds 5-7 pickup trucks full of debris
- Recommended for small to medium clean-ups/remodeling projects around your home
- 20 Yard Dumpster
- Dimensions: 16′ long x 8′ wide x 6′ tall
- Holds 10-12 pickup trucks full of debris
- Typically used for garage home carpet/floor removal, small-medium renovation/demolition projects, junk removal in a large basement or garage, and new construction jobs with limited space
- 30 Yard Dumpster
- Dimensions: 22′ long x 8′ wide x 7.5′ tall
- Holds 14-16 pickup trucks full of debris
- Good size for foreclosures, evictions, estate clean-outs, medium size renovation, pool removals, demolition projects, new construction, or commercial work
- 40 Yard Dumpster
- Dimensions: 22′ long x 8′ wide x 9′ tall
- Holds 18-20 pickup trucks full of debris
- Works well for whole house clean-outs, foreclosures, evictions, estate clean-outs, large renovation or demolition projects, new construction or commercial work
Finding the right dumpster size for your project should not be difficult. Have set goals for your project, know where the dumpster will be placed, and understand what the size really means and what you will need for your project.
Dumpster Express provides 7-day dumpster rental to customers in Ohio and Florida. We handle the disposal of rubbish, household cleanouts, construction, and demolition debris. Our team at Dumpster Express has over 40 years of experience in the waste disposal industry. Our experience has come from physically being at the landfills, learning proper ways to recycle and dispose of debris, and delivering dumpsters to customers.
Contact us today to get started on whatever project it may be that you need a dumpster for.